When you are putting together a dance party and are compelled for one reason or another to use sound system rental, there are several options that you can add to your rental that can significantly enhance the overall experience of the participants and can make your dance party an even greater success.
What makes a dance party memorable should have the components of unexpected, participatory, and emotional. The unexpected sound enhancements will catch the audience’s attention. Audience’s participation makes the event much more memorable, and, depending on what happens, also quite emotional.
When picking music system rentals, especially speaker rentals, it will behoove you to know what options you will have to choose from.
We will first go over the must-have sound components for a dance party, and then mention the possible optional extensions which enhance the unexpected components, participatory components, and emotional components of your audio visual equipment rental.
Must-have components of a sound system rental
These are the bare minimum components of a portable sound system for a good sound experience when throwing a dance party:
- A pair of powered heavy duty speakers with the 800 Watt to 1500 Watt maximal power load. The speakers must come with high enough speaker stands for maximum sound clarity and range.
- A minimum of four-channel mixer to allow mixing of iPod, turntable, CD, and microphone sounds. You want to avoid long pauses between songs, and want to be ready to bring on the music that will get people back to the dance floor.
- The sound sources of choice, the iPod or an MP3 player, one or more CD players, and at least one microphone.
Sound enhancements to your DJ rental equipment to spice up your dance party
This is the additional audio video, AV rental equipment that, when used in moderation, can significantly enhance the sound itself, and make for a more memorable dance experience:
- DJ machines, including DJ turntables, DJ CD turntables, and DJ MP3 turntables. Depending on your DJing skills, these could add significantly to the experience for dance parties. At a bare minimum, experience with mixing the music inputs will be very valuable.
- Karaoke machines, could be valuable for certain parties
- A multi channel mixer with digital effects, such as vocal reverb can add a new dimension and can enhance singers sound, when used sparingly.
- One or two additional, wired or wireless microphones
- A fog machine with sufficient fog supply. Works best in a dark, environment with a light show.
- Tekno bubbles, a blacklight sensitive UV bubbles, they glow in the dark when shone on by the black light.
If you implement just a few of these additional sound enhancements in your dance party, you will likely find that people will come back to you after the event and thank you for a job well done. Your enhanced AV rental equipment will be well worth the money spent.